Links to Special Websites
Here you will find a collection of links to websites I find noteworthy.
- Dorje Pamo Nunnery
The Dorje Pamo Nunnery is a community of Buddhist nuns in the Gelug tradition
- Nalanda Monastery
Nalanda is a unique Monastery for Western monks in the Tibetan Geluk tradition. It offers an ideal environment to live and combine study and practice in an appropriate lifestyle. Currently, around 25 monks and 20 lay people form the core of the community.
- Kopan Monastery
Kopan is a thriving monastery of 360 monks, mainly from Nepal and Tibet, and a spiritual oasis for hundreds of visitors yearly from around the world. Find out about the monastery and its programms and what it has to offer, or simply shop in the Kopan online store for your dharma and not so darmic needs.
- Sera Je Monastic University
A monastic university for advanced Buddhist Studies in the South of India. Get a glimps in the present day of how Buddhism was studied centuries ago Tibetan monasteries, in a monastery bigger than some towns, and with a study course extended over two+ decades. Definitly worth a glimpse.
- Aryatara Institut e.V.
Das Aryatara Institut in München bieten Meditationen und ein fundiertes Studium des Buddhismus an zur Entfaltung des eigenen Potenzials für Mitgefühl, Weisheit und inneren Frieden.
The World in Action
- Digital Thangka
Based on traditional Tibetan grids and colours, Fred van der Zee is painting digital thangkas with the perfection of modern computers. Since he takes great care in using the correct iconography, you can use his work in your daily Buddhist practice. — Enjoy his thangkas at digitalthangka.com or his Facebook workshop Digital Thangka.
- A Slice of Hope – “A Slice of Hope shines a spotlight on the great work that homeless shelters do 365/24/7. We hope to help increase donations to all the shelters and food banks as well.” – asliceofhope.org
- The Yogini Project – Supporting Realizations
- Adnate paints the Dalai Lama in Melbourne | StreetArtNews (visit website / download PDF)
- Reportage (tvnz) about a monk in death meditation (part one, 8:47 min.; part two, 6:22 min.)
- The Treasury of Lives: Biographies of Himalayan Religious Masters
This website describes itself as A Biographical Encyclopedia of Himalayan Religion. It offers, among other things, hundreds of translated biographies of Tibetan masters of all Tibetan schools of Buddhism – free of charge! How rare is this in this world in these days.
- Jampa Ludrup’s Geomancy and Feng Shui Website
The Website reads: Have you ever wondered why some houses have been more lucky for you than others? Why do you sleep so much better in some places than others? Why do you keep moving your bed and furniture until you feel ‘comfortable’ with it? The answer to these questions lies in the ancient Chinese technique of Feng Shui.Jampa Ludrub is a definite expert in Feng Shui and if you are interested in the topic I can recommend his courses.
- Tibetan and Himalayan Library -THL
A great tool for translating Tibetan into English.