Jetsun Chokyi Gyaltsan:
☞ The definition of the Buddha Jewel is:
A purified truth possessing any of the eight qualities of being beyond thought and so forth, in the continuum of a superior.
- Being beyond the though of non-buddhist logicians.
- Being free from Karma and afflictions to some degree.
- Being from the misleading distorted conception.
- Pure because the path does not mix with obscurations.
- Clearly realizing the world of suchness and multiplicity.
- Having the quality of being an antidote.
- Having the quality of the truth of cessation of being free from attachment.
- Having the quality of the truth of the path to free from attachment.
- Conventional Dharma Jewel: E.g., The twelve categories of the Buddhas teachings or the Lam Rim teachings.
- Ultimate Dharma Jewel: The truths of cessation and the path.