Bodhisattvas on the path of meditation are the beneficiaries of the actions of the path of meditation, such as mental independence and the like.
Jetsun Chokyi Gyaltsan:
The definition of the action of the mahayana path of meditation is: The benefits attained through meditating on their causal path of meditation.
- Internally their mind is thoroughly pacified – their manifest afflictions are subdued.
- Through this they are respectful towards every sentient being.
- They have overcome the power of ´the afflictions such as attachment and so forth.
- Through this they do not experience suffering from external harm, such as from poison, fire and the like.
- Internally they abide in the action of achieving highest enlightenment.
- Through this the external place where such a person resided becomes a holy place, worthy of worship by gods and humans.
All of these benefits are achieved through the path perfection of wisdom, the non-dual transcendental meditative equipoise on emptiness, which is achieved in dependence on the scriptural perfection of wisdom.
Shakyamuni Buddha: This Perfection of Wisdom is a great Mantra.